6 Sustainable Food Service Packaging Options
When it comes to Food packaging, you have really limited options since you want the food items to be delivered safely and without any contamination. Items like these are extremely vulnerable to damage and being wasted. So, it’s the company’s loss.
Therefore big brands have now understood the due importance of service packaging and have created teams which can look into this matter. There are so many options to choose from, but now Sustainable options are taking over. It is high time to realize that using eco-friendly items are not only a good thing but becoming a necessity at an alarming rate.
- Smart paper cups, People who like to drink coffee on a regular basis use a lot of paper cups and just throw them away. A few of them might reuse it for other purposes, but rest usually creates a lot of waste. These cups were introduced which are made up of plant materials and can be recycled. They can be used for both hot and cold food items.
- A reusable packing for salads, A thin wax paper was invented which can be folded with the salad inside. The wax inside the sheet helps to keep the salad fresh and not go bad. It is all kept together by a sticker on the top.
- A lot of items are packaged by using a plastic packaging film. This film is thin enough to protect the items. A sustainable substitute is made by using milk protein, pectin from citrus fruits and salt. This packaging is biodegradable and also free from any plastic. This also uses milk protein in an effective way.
- The best way to create sustainable packing is to use food items that is usually wasted or left behind. In this way, not only a new item is created but also waste is minimized. In the UK, the peas or pulses that are left during the production are used to create packing for pastas. In this way, they ensure that no waste is left behind and something new is also created. They also create custom design box for pastas and food items this way.
- Usually, when you buy a beer bottle, it is either made from glass or even metal. A notorious beer brand called Carlsberg has collaborated with an eco-friendly company to create beer bottles that are actually made up of wood fibres, and no plastic, glass or metal is being used. Not only that, they still taste the same and their freshness is intact and guaranteed as any other regular beer bottle may have.
- KFC is a huge brand and food chain that is spread all over the world. They have launched a concept of Scoff-ee cup, in which a cup is designed with a biscuit layer, and the outside layer is of sugar paper which is edible. Coffee is presented in this cup and effectively is able to withstand the heat. The best part if that after drinking your coffee, you can easily eat the cup too. No waste!