Explore Your Options Before Designing Medical Boxes
There are unlimited items when it comes to packaging. Amongst a commonly packed and shipped item is medication. Choosing a Medicine Box packaging is not an easy task to do. This process involves a lot of risk and care since these medications can be lifesaving and are fragile. The reason why medicine shipping is complicated includes:
- Can easily oxidize due to change in environment
- Can have bacterial contamination
- Each medicine and drug has its own temperature and environment requirements. If not placed in optimum conditions it can be damaged and wasted
- There is a high risk involved and the cost can be huge
- These medications need to be administered, therefore they need to be retained with their optimum efficacy
When it comes to delivering Medicines, you need to make sure you can deliver them without any contamination whatsoever and also they should be satisfactory for the consumers. There are a lot of recent trends on rise with regards to packaging medicines. Not only will they help in reducing the associated risk, but also help to improve the customer brand relationship. It is critical to choose the right quality of materials and packaging products.
A very common myth in this regard is that the thicker packaging layer means that you product is protected more – which is not true at all. It will only increase the bulk and final weight which will directly increase delivery and shipping charges only. Not just that, it will be really difficult to ship and move. Customers do not like to pay a huge amount just for the delivery; therefore it will ruin that consumer experience as well. So we need to come up with a solution which will be cost-effective, light weight and something that can be easily transported as well.
Some other options you can explore:
- Before you start medicine production, keep in mind the final packaging process right at this stage. Not only will that help you to choose the appropriate type of packaging, but you can also produce a custom design that will be suitable for each individual type of medicine.
- Measure size and dimension of the packaging material accurately. If the product is too large, it will be constantly pressed and can damage the medications. Similarly, if there is too much free space, the medicines may move around or even break due to the air created. Therefore, it is required to add products according to the perfect size.
- Before you start shipping out, make sure to test out a few batches in different conditions. It will give you a clear idea of different environmental conditions, temperatures and moisture level. You can see the results of the packaging in under different situations and therefore can alter anything right there and then. This testing is vital before you start to ship out big batches. Overall it will help to save your money and valuable medications, because they can be saved from a final or huge error by prior and timely testing by quality control departments.