What is the best material for shipping box package
Shipping products from one location to another can be an intimidating task. Not only you want the package to be delivered, you also want to ensure it is transported safe and sound. If anything is broken, not only it is a loss for your business, but also makes your customers angry at your service.
Choosing the best material for your Cardboard boxes is very important. As mentioned, it is the main factor that will help deliver your product in an intact position. Some products need to be protected more than the others and it should be mentioned that these items are fragile and to be handled with care.
There are a few important factors on which it is based upon that which type of Custom boxes you need to use for shipping:
- The material being shipped. If you are shipping an item that is too delicate or fragile, then you need to pack it properly, and use materials like bubble wrap or corrugated cartons which will help keep it safe.
- The distance and location. If the shipping is being done along a long route, then that means the boxes will travel a lot. Make sure you choose a material that is resistant to wear and tear, moisture and temperature changes. For example, if shipping medications, you need to add preserving items so that there is no oxidation or bacterial contamination.
- They mode of transport also matters a lot. If the boxes are going to travel by sea or by air, the handling will differ a lot too. In bus or vans, there is more chance of damage.
- Company budget matters when choosing a cost effective solution. You want to keep your product safe therefore it is wise to do a onetime investment on this.
Material for shipping boxes
Whether you are looking for cartons or custom printed boxes, corrugated sheets are the best materials to choose from. They are cost-effective and a onetime investment. Also, they provide a lot of safety tear and pressure resistance to your products. They are strong but lightweight so easy to carry. Because of this, it is easier to ship them without a lot of charges. They have a lot of layers of paper, therefore providing durability and strength. Also, they can be easily re-used so are an eco-friendly option as compared to others.
On the other hand, usually cardboard boxes do not provide the required strength, and can fall apart easily. They can only be used to transport lighter items in nearby locations. They can be costly too and not preferred for shipping delicate items.
Not just the material of boxes, but there are other ways too which can help improve the quality of your shipping box:
- Using bubble wrap to individually wrap each product, so that it remains safe.
- Make sure you do not over or under-fill each box. Use fillers or thermopole.
- Seal each box with high quality shipping tape. Do not use regular duct or scotch tape for this purpose.