5 Packaging Design Tips You Have Not Heard Before
To make a mark in the packaging department, you need to do something unique and creative. The only way to catch the attention of your consumers is to provide them with something different and incomparable. That means a lot of work is to be done by your creative department to go out of the box and challenge the norms. Here are 5 Designing tips you must have not heard of before. Try them and see how your customer will be pleasantly surprised!
- Usually, when a box is opened, there is a strap attached to it which says Open here. It is conventional boring. To make it interesting, you can change that line. Either make it more graphic or change the text to something fun. This is the first contact your consumer will have with your product; therefore the very first impression begins from here.
- When we are focusing on designing packaging, we put a lot of effort on the top of the box or the sides. We rarely focus on the bottom part. You cannot predict how the box is going to be used later on. For example, boxes for house shifting can have an inspirational or funny quote embedded at the bottom. When such boxes are used, these designs become of important value and can actually improve the worth of the product. You can also add different texts or shapes and designs at the bottom of any product.
- Similar to designing at the bottom, there is also one very important part that can be used. Lots of bottles and jars come with lids and caps. Often these caps are not utilized enough. These lids can have some nice designing, graphics or even quotes or one-liner to make it seem more interesting. Similarly, the area under the lid can also be utilized for several purposes. Several beverages companies put specific codes under the lid that users can scratch and enter the lucky draw.
- Not just the product packaging, but the outer box packaging also can play a huge role. When a customer orders your product the very first interaction is with the outer package or box. It depends upon how that box is designed and the ease of opening, which can make a huge impression of your brand on the consumers. It should be properly packaged, labelled and shipped to the customers.
- On each product, there is a bar code which helps with its identification and also tells about its information like batch number etc. One already used idea is to present that code in a fun manner. Add some inanimate objects or design to make it more fun in appearance. However, it should not ruin the reading ability of the barcode.
So the conclusion is that before you design packaging for your products, you need to brainstorm and think about new and creative ideas. These will help improve sales and market position of your brand more by attracting more valuable customers to your business.