Best Shipping Boxes For Paintings
With online businesses on the rise, a lot of products can now be shipped and transported easily from one place or the other. Be it any food or medicinal item, or something as exquisite as shipping an artwork, you can easily manage it by using Custom boxes designed for the task. As we all know, shipping to different locations comes with a cost to pay. Sometimes, things are not packed correctly and they end up being damaged. It can lead to waste of money and of precious artwork. Therefore choosing the right shipping box is extremely crucial.
There are a few factors which will help you choose the right material:
- Choose the material which provides maximum safety to your artwork. Cardboard boxes should be generally avoided as they are not that efficient to provide maximum security.
- Shipping costs also matter a lot. Since framed paintings are very heavy, they can cost you a lot of shipping charges. Similarly, if you ship unframed paintings, it might be considerably cheaper, as they can be easily rolled up into a cylinder and shipped. There is also a lesser chance of damage and you can choose a lighter material for the purpose as well.
- You should know how much budget you have set for shipping purposes. Choose an option that is affordable and will not cost you an arm and leg.
So, now that you have selected the right material for you and even order some custom printed boxes, here are few ways to make sure you pack these previous painting properly:
- Decide whether you want to send the painting as framed or unframed. As mentioned previously, the unframed option is better in many ways like it costs less, and even packing it is easier compared to frame one.
- Clean your packing area, and properly wrap the painting. Wrap first in a layer of craft paper, now wrap in bubble wrap safely. Bubble wrap is very important to keep your painting safe and immobile. It also prevents them from damaging during shipment.
- Make sure you have invested in good quality tools. Packing can never be done if you do not have complete materials and tools to help you in the process. Some important things include investing in scissors, markers, good quality tapes, bubble wrap, craft paper and measuring equipment. If you do not have them, then packing can actually become difficult for you.
- As mentioned, that material of the box varies on a lot of factors. One of the best types is to use corrugated sheets, specially the one that is called telescope box. In this particular type of corrugated sheets, you can actually join two boxes to make one big box enough to fit in your artwork. This type of sheet is not expensive at all, and it is durable enough to protect fragile items and ship them safely.
- In the end, never forget to carefully and clearly label each painting, with the name of the artist so that you do not mix them up.