Roshan Packages Human Rights Policy
ROSHAN is committed to the highest standards of business and ethical behavior including compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as company policies, practices and procedures. Roshan respects internationally recognized Human Rights as established in the Universal Declaration on Human Rights and the International Labor Organization’s
In line with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, Roshan recognizes the corporate responsibility to respect these principles and commit to ‘know and show’ this through on-going human rights due diligence. Furthermore, our efforts include ongoing robust engagement with our business and major supply chain partners to mitigate potential human rights impacts beyond our direct control.
Our support of internationally recognized Human Rights is consistent with our dedication to enriching our workplace, partnering with our supply chain, preserving the environment and supporting the communities where we operate.
The objective of Roshan’s documented policies (as set out in Roshan’s Code of Conduct for employees and Roshan’s Code of Conduct for Suppliers) is to provide an overview of expectations for employees and business partners.
In addition, the Human Rights policy exists to:
1. Inform employees, business partners and customers of Roshan’s commitment to human rights.
2. Establish Roshan’s commitment to ‘know and show’ its respect for human rights through on-going human rights due diligence.
3. Maintain Roshan’s high ethical standards.
4. Contribute to the realization of human rights globally.
Roshan’s Human Rights Policy applies to all Roshan employees worldwide, anyone doing business for or with Roshan and others acting on Roshan’s behalf. This applies to all locations where Roshan conducts business and to all company-sponsored events.
Human rights are basic rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of nationality, place of residence, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, language, or any other status.
Roshan conducts its business in a manner that respects the rights and dignity of all people, complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Our policies reflect our commitment to respecting the protection of internationally recognized Human Rights.
1. All employment with Roshan is voluntary. We do not use child or forced labor in any of our operations or facilities. We do not tolerate any form of unacceptable treatment of workers, including but not limited to the exploitation of children, physical punishment or abuse, or involuntary servitude.
2. We fully respect all applicable laws establishing a minimum age for employment, in order to support the effective abolition of child labor worldwide. Roshan abides by all laws and regulations regarding pay practices and the classification of employment according to job level and status.
3. We respect our employees’ right to choose to join or not join a trade union, or to have recognized employee representation in accordance with local law.
4. Diversity is embraced at Roshan. We recognize that a diverse mix of backgrounds, skills and experiences drives new ideas, products, and services and provides us with a sustained competitive advantage.
5. We believe everyone should be treated with respect regardless of their background. We are committed to the elimination of discrimination based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, political beliefs, veteran status, marital status or any other protected class.
6. The Group Supply Chain Management System includes the requirement for all suppliers, vendors, contractors, consultants and agents to adhere to Roshan’s Labor standards and Code of Conduct policies. All Roshan Group businesses are members of SEDEX, the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange, to ensure supplier compliance with Roshan Codes of Conduct and principles.
7. Roshan respects all human rights.
8. Roshan commits to conducting on-going human rights due diligence to assess and mitigate potential human rights infringements.
9. Roshan expects those with whom it does business to respect all human rights.
The Human Rights policy is owned and maintained by Roshan’s Human Resources function.
Human Resources is responsible for the creation, administration, updating and communication of the policy.
Employees and suppliers are expected to comply with this and all applicable Roshan policies. Violation of this policy or the refusal to cooperate will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination and referral to the appropriate authorities, where we have sound reason to believe that our partner organizations infringe Human Rights we reserve the right to cease those relationships as warranted.
Specific to this policy, employees and suppliers are expected to:
1. Never infringe on human rights.
2. Be alert to any evidence of human rights infringements in our direct operations or in the operations of our business partners and report any situation in which a human rights infringement is suspected.