Why is product packaging important for business
You must be wondering, why so much pressure is put on choosing the best packing nowadays? The reason is that your packaging is the first thing that comes in contact with the customer and your first shot at creating an everlasting impression as well. Use it well. Business and brands have actually started to take it so seriously, that they have been investing their money and time and making special creative teams for the designing of the packing only!
Whether you are making a pizza box or a simple carton, your product packaging is extremely important. Here are a few reasons why:
- Your packing will speak to the customer way before the product. It is the outermost layer of your brand. When a parcel arrives at the customer’s house, they will open it up and see the product first. How it is packaged and represented matters a lot. For example, your fruit packaging is done by using extremely low-quality carton, then not only will the fruit be rotten, but the customer will also feel upset and might never trust your business again.
- Good packaging is like your brand’s voice. Its themes, ideas, colours, and texts say a lot about your brand. It guides on things like your brand’s target audience, its goal, its vision and philosophy and even future prospects. If your brand uses sustainable packing then it will be labelled as an aware and earth-friendly brand. Not only will that gain you respect amongst the masses, but everybody will also appreciate how much you think about the environment too.
- It is a cheap and effective way to market your product and boost your sales. For example, many popular makeup companies often launch collections with a specific theme and packaging idea. This helps them to market their product better by promoting their brand’s idea and name. When they go to buy your product, they might not remember your company’s name, but they will always remember the tube design, the way the bottle was represented or the colour scheme of that collection. It helps to increase your sales and market your product to the audience.
- Your packaging is also the thing which sets you apart from other competitors and brands with the same niche. Again, what difference does your mascara and XYZ brand’s mascara may have? The packaging of the tube. Yours might be more effective to use, or even by funkier and looks better. While the other brand may not have worked hard at it and not gathered that much attention for their product.
- Your packaging will always be a symbolic representation of your business and consumers will remember it. For example, we always remember the classic colour scheme of beverage companies like Pepsi or Coca Cola. Even through the years they have changed and upgraded their packing but stayed the same with their colour scheme. With just their colours we can recognize from far away that it is the same brand! That is the power of packaging.